Monday, March 12, 2018

MAN BOOKER INTERNATIONAL PRIZE 2018 "longlist"







Hmmm...none of these tempting titles/authors have found their way to my TBR this year. I will remedy this soon.





April 4, 2018 Short list announcement
May 22 2018 Winner



The 2018 longlist:
• Laurent Binet (France), Sam Taylor, The 7th Function of Language (Harvill Secker)
• Javier Cercas (Spain), Frank Wynne, The Impostor (MacLehose Press)
• Virginie Despentes (France), Frank Wynne, Vernon Subutex 1 (MacLehose Press)
• Jenny Erpenbeck (Germany), Susan Bernofsky, Go, Went, Gone (Portobello Books)
• Han Kang (South Korea), Deborah Smith, The White Book (Portobello Books)
• Ariana Harwicz (Argentina), Sarah Moses & Carolina Orloff, Die, My Love (Charco Press)
• László Krasznahorkai (Hungary), John Batki, Ottilie Mulzet & George Szirtes, The World Goes On (Tuskar Rock Press)
• Antonio Muñoz Molina (Spain), Camilo A. Ramirez, Like a Fading Shadow (Tuskar Rock Press)
• Christoph Ransmayr (Austria), Simon Pare, The Flying Mountain (Seagull Books)
• Ahmed Saadawi (Iraq), Jonathan Wright, Frankenstein in Baghdad (Oneworld)
• Olga Tokarczuk (Poland), Jennifer Croft, Flights (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
• Wu Ming-Yi (Taiwan), Darryl Sterk, The Stolen Bicycle (Text Publishing)
• Gabriela Ybarra (Spain), Natasha Wimmer, The Dinner Guest (Harvill Secker)

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing which titles you decide to read Sylvie. I think I'll be supporting the women writer's first and foremost, although Despentes might be a little too radical for my reading taste.

sylvie said...

Hi Claire, I'll start with books written by women. Once the short list is announced I will look if any books written by men appeal to me.
Yes, Despentes is an acquired taste, I hesitate to read her book which is the first in a series of three.